I cannot believe I haven’t posted this. I dyed my hair blue (and orange and purple and green) way back in October!
Why? Well, it was getting towards the end of the month, and I hadn’t thought of a “big thing” yet and I was feeling kinda panicky and… oh! You’re not asking why I dyed my hair blue in October. You’re asking why I dyed my hair in the first place!
- Because I’m 40-ish years old and technically too ancient for this kind of foolishness
- Because I’ve always wanted to color my hair but was afraid of what other people would think
- Because lately I’ve come to care a lot less about what other people think of me and my personal choices
- Because I’m smack dab in the middle of a mind-numbing mid-life crisis that dulls my ability to make smart decisions
(# 3′s my favorite)
I love my hair. Right now it’s blue and purple, but last month it was blue, purple, green, and a bit of orange. It’s a look that is supposed to resemble that of a peacock. I told my husband that if he wanted to show off his peacock to friends and family he was now free to do so. He didn’t take me up on the offer. Not sure why.
I also adore my hair guy. Jentry, you are a rockstar! You are a talented artist, a savvy businessman, and a dear friend who happens to be incredibly handsome. I’m so glad you’re mine (er… my hair guy… I’m so glad you are my talented and artistic hair guy)!
Recommended wine: In honor of my awesome hair, I’m recommending a little chardonnay from Peacock Hill Vineyard, a micro-boutique vineyard in Australia. If you decide to pick up a bottle, please buy an extra and send it over to the excellent folks at The Black Cat Studio + Spa. They deserve it!
2012 “Big Things”
- January: My First 5K
- February: I’m a Firewalker!
- March: I Unleashed My Power Within
- April: The Dalai Lama Talks Poop
- May: I Embrace the Crickets
- June: I Love My Flabby Arms
- July: I Fly (Yeah, in the Actual Sky!)
- August: I Deliver a Baby
- September: I Get High
- October: I Dye My Hair Blue
- November: I get Published in a National Blog!
It’s been a big year.